cure-real
Page 1 of 13 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of the verses underlined in my Bible

Some of the verses underlined in my Bible

Some of my most memorable Bible passages:-

2 Timothy 3:16 –“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”

Genesis 9:3-4 “I have given you all things for food”.

Genesis 12:3 (to Abraham and his descendants)“I will Bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you”; and Gen. 13:15 “all the land you see I give to you and all your descendants forever”.

Gen.24:27 –“being on the way the Lord led me”.

Exodus 14:13-14 – “Do not be afraid, stand still and see the Salvation of the Lord . . . the Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.”

Exodus 14:20 (the Word of God)” Thus it was a cloud and darkness to the one (those who don’t know the Lord), and it gave light by night to the other(those whose lives are submitted to Him.)”

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Some of the verses underlined in my Bible

I ran upstairs to grab my one Bible that I underline allot in and began to randomly open up pages until I hit underlined scriptures. So in no particular order, here are the 1st five I came to. Pages with multiple underlined scripture, I posted only the 1st that is on the page and underlined:

John 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Psalm 9:9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
    A refuge in times of trouble.

John 5:27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

2 Chronicles 19:7 Now therefore, let the fear of the Lord be upon you; take care and do it, for there is no iniquity with the Lord our God, no partiality, nor taking of bribes.”
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Exodus 15:2-3 – “The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my Salvation; He is my God and I will praise Him; my father’s God and I will exalt Him; the Lord is a Man of war, the Lord is His Name.”

Exodus 18:18 “this thing is too much for you, you are not able to perform it by yourself,”

Exodus 19:5 – “Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My Voice and keep My Covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me.”

Exodus 20:2-17 - “I am the Lord your God . . you shall have no other God’s before Me, you shall not make for yourself any carved image . . you shall not bow down to them or serve them. . . You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain . . remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy . . Honour your father and your mother . . You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. You shall not covet . . anything that is your neighbour’s”.

Exodus 20:6 – “then his master shall . . bring him to the door, or the doorpost, and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl and he shall serve him forever”. Exodus 22:2 “ If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.”

Malachi 3:10 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try me now in this,” says the Lord of Hosts “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such Blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.

Malachi 4:2 “but to you who fear My Name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with Healing in His wings . . .

Matthew 5:11-12 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if salt looses it’s flavour . . it is then good for nothing . . .

Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world . . let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Exodus 23:1-2 –“You shall not circulate a false report. . . you shall not follow a crowd to do evil; nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside justice.

Exodus 23:20-22 –“Behold, I send an Angel ahead of you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. Beware of Him and obey His Voice; do not provoke Him for He will not pardon your transgressions: for My Name is in Him. But if you indeed obey His Voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an Enemy to your enemies . . .

Exodus23:27 – “I will send My fear before you . . I will not drive them (your enemies) out from before you in one year . . little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and you inherit the land.

Exodus34:12 – “Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare to you.

Exodus 34:21 – “6 days shall you work , but on the 7th day you shall rest; in ploughing time and in harvest you shall rest (also).

Matthew 5:23-24 “If you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there . . first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Matthew 6:14
    “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also Forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your heavenly Father Forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6:19-21 “do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven . . for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 7:2 “with what condemnation you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Matthew 7:5 “why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? . . first remove the plank from your own eye, then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Blog Entries

If I included all the underlines and highlights, I would have to copy/paste the whole thing. But here are the first 5 (taking the lead from Slug) from the very first Bible my wife gave to me. All will be in KJV:

1) Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2) Exodus 11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.

3) Psalm 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

4) John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

5) 2Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

First 5 I opened to.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

I don;t have anything underlined in my bible but here is what the Lord gave me this AM

Ho 14:1 . O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. 14:2 Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.

Ho 14:4 . I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him. 14:5 I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.14:6 His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.

Ho 14:8 . Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found. 14:9 Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

Blessings

and Popcorn

"You can make the scriptures say whatever you want if you torture them long enough"

Exodus 34:29 –“Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him(God).

Leviticus 20:6 –“The person who turns to mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself with them, I will set My Face against that person.

Leviticus 20:13 “If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination, they shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 25:23 “the land shall not be sold permanently, for the land is Mine. Leviticus 26 – Promise of Blessing and retribution.

Numbers 24:26 “The Lord Bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be Gracious to you; the Lord look on you with favour, and give you Peace.

Blog Entries

Maybe it would be good to share why we have some of these verses underlined so we could get a dialogue started.

Blessings

and Popcorn

"You can make the scriptures say whatever you want if you torture them long enough"

I have underlined verses that have been meaningful to me, for one reason or another, over more than 70 years - they have been underlined to make it easier for me to find them again when needed . . . I will post most of them, a few at a time, alternating Old and New Testaments.

Numbers 9:23 “At the command of the Lord they remained encamped, and at the command of the Lord they journeyed;

Numbers 18:7 “I give your priesthood to you as a Gift for service,

Numbers 24:13b “What the Lord says, that I must speak.

Deuteronomy 1:36 “ I am giving him (Caleb) the land on which he walked because he wholly followed the Lord.

Deuteronomy 4:23-24 “Take heed lest you forget the Covenant of the Lord your God . . for the Lord your God is a consuming fire,

Deuteronomy 4:30 “When you are in distress . . when you turn to the Lord your God and obey His voice, He will not forsake you,

Matthew 7:7-8 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Matthew 7:12 “whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go by it, because narrow is the gate, and difficult is the way which leads to Life, and there are few who find it.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me ‘Lord, Lord’ shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he who does the Will of My Father in heaven.

Matthew7:24-27 “whoever hears these sayings of Mine and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock . . and it did not fall for it was founded on the rock. But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them, is like a foolish man who built his house on sand . . and it fell.

Deuteronomy 5:7-21 “You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image. . you shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain . . Observe the Sabbath day to keep it holy . . 6 days shall you labour and do all your work but the 7th is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. Honour your father and your mother . . you shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. You shall not covet . . anything that is your neighbour’s.

Deuteronomy 6:3-6 “ the Lord our God is One. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

Deuteronomy 6:18 “you shall do what is right and good in the sight of the Lord, that it may go well with you . .

Deuteronomy 7:6 “ for you (Israel) are set apart to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth.

Deuteronomy 8:2-3 “And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these 40 years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His Commandments or not. . that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 8:19 “if you by any means forget the Lord your God and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish.

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 “What does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His Ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and to keep the Commandments of the Lord and His statutes.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28 “Behold I set before you today a Blessing and a curse: the Blessing if you obey the Commandments of the Lord your God which I command you today; and the curse if you do not obey the Commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside from the Way

Deuteronomy 13:1-3 – . . .the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 16:19 “ . . you shall not show partiality , nor take a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the righteous.

Matthew 8:26 “He (Jesus) said to them ‘why are you fearful, O you of little faith?’ then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was great calm.

Matthew 9:29 “According to your faith let it be to you.

Matthew 10:6-8 “go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel . . Freely you have received, freely give.

Matthew 10:16-20 “I send you out as sheep among wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves . . you will be brought before governors and kings for My sake . . do not worry about how or what you will speak, for it will be given you . . for it is not you who speak but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

Matthew 10:22 “you will be hated by all for My Name’s sake, but he who endure to the end will be Saved.

Thread Information