cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have opinions on the illuminati?

Anyone have opinions on the illuminati?

Okay so some friends of mine have recently gotten interested in the illuminati and have basically gone crazy insisting that the illuminati dominates all decisions in society. They say that behind all these songs are hidden messages worshiping the devil and that the illuminati basically decides everything that goes on in the world. I don't believe that really, i mean there may be people who worship the devil and call themselves the illuminati but I dont believe there's an international conspiracy in it. So does the Bible have anything to say about anything like this? I'm not naive enough to think it would just mention the group but is there anything in Revelations about it. I would really like some arguments against it and and proof or anything from the Bible or anything that could dissuade them. Thanks in advance.
    PS- we're all Christians in high school just to give you an idea.

Re: Anyone have opinions on the illuminati?

No.
    It could be a conspiracy and it could not be, what the word of God focuses on is what we need to do to serve Him and provide the Truth to everyone, even if they are involved in a conspiracy, world control or not.
    The message is Christ, seek Him and go out and be fishers of men.
    Revelations does show the dark picture of everyone going againts Him, that are not with Him, what happens and His victory (our victory) over all that is againts Him.
    I'm sure you'll find much debate in these forums regarding the rulers, antichrist's and events of past, present and future regarding such things, but the message overall is clear, seek Him, do His will and share that with all others.

...the illuminati basically decides everything that goes on in the world.
    Even if a conspiracy is true, what does that matter? God is sovereign - only He is in control.

The fear of man proves to be a snare, but whoever puts his trust in Yahweh is kept safe. (Proverbs 29:25)

In God have I put my confidence: I will not fear; what can man do unto me? (Psalm 56:11)
    Andrew Bernhardt
    "Salvation costs me nothing. Discipleship costs me everything."
    (dtjsoft.com)

Quote Originally Posted by owjwells View Post
    Okay so some friends of mine have recently gotten interested in the illuminati and have basically gone crazy insisting that the illuminati dominates all decisions in society. They say that behind all these songs are hidden messages worshiping the devil and that the illuminati basically decides everything that goes on in the world. I don't believe that really, i mean there may be people who worship the devil and call themselves the illuminati but I dont believe there's an international conspiracy in it. So does the Bible have anything to say about anything like this? I'm not naive enough to think it would just mention the group but is there anything in Revelations about it. I would really like some arguments against it and and proof or anything from the Bible or anything that could dissuade them. Thanks in advance.
    You should watch a show on history channel, called free masons, it will interest you I think, I actually posted free masons on a thread right after I watched the show.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

The Illuminati was an actual group that operated as a semi-secret society in Bavaria (in what is now Germany) in the late 18th century. They based their structure on that of Freemasonry, but they were primarily inspired by the American Revolution, which was happening at the time. The ultimate goal of the Illuminati was to establish democracy in Germany, separate church and state, and institute freedom of religion and of speech.

This of course was seen as a threat to the Catholic establishment that ruled Bavaria. The Bavarian government began a propaganda campaign against them, and the Illuminati were infiltrated by the secret police, its members were arrested or exiled, and the order was outlawed.

The Illuminati was publicly defended in the USA by Thomas Jefferson, who was sympathetic to their cause.

Hitler revived the Illuminati conspiracy theories invented by the Catholic Church, attempting to connect the Illuminati to Jews and communists. Modern conspiracy theorists tend to follow the Nazis' example in this regard, usually without even realizing that their pet theories are of Nazi origin.
    If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. - John 8:36

Blog Entries

it's a bunch of malarchy
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries

I've read that theory about the Illuminati being the head of all the 'secret societies'. It's possible but evidently not provable. I'd be more concerned about the owners of the Federal Reserve and the world banks, if I was concerned about any of it but thanks to Jesus, I don't have to be concerned about a thing.

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
    (Php 4:11)

There is a 'secret' group called the illuminate, just as there are other 'secret' societies based on the occult. The Bible is quite clear in regard to things of the occult. Deut. chptr 17v 2-3 chptr. 18 v10-14

Here's the thing to keep in mind; BOTH God and Satan work through men to achieve their ends. Man's heart (mind) is naturally inclined towards evil, therefore it is on the same ' frequency ' as Satan's. therefore Satan can readily influence the thoughts / actions of men. WHAT is Satan's desire? to unseat God from His throne and claim it for himself. What is one very efficient manner in which to do that?

Convince men that God and the Spiritual realm does not exist, or at the least, doesn't have any interest in the actions / course / world of men. What better way to do that than to orchestrate the idea that there are 'secret' societies that work evil in the world and are to blame for all the world's evil? That way man focuses on the false source of deception and evil and not on the actual source; and, at the same time is steared away from belief in God and into thinking that he himself (man) is able to save himself from destruction by eliminating the secret societies that are decieving the world and causing evil to flourish. Get man to destroy more and more of his fellow man and sooner or later there are no men left.

That's the purpose of Satan's agenda, to destroy man ( humanity ); which has the potential to become God's sons. The most hurtful way (to God) to do that is cause man to destroy himself through suicide; which is what is behind ALL controversy and war within humanity.

Ever since Satan told (Eve) [put into humanity's mind] in the garden of Eden that he (man) could discern between good and evil man has THOUGHT that he can. Hence the deception goes on...

The international conspiracy is not within men but within Satan, his fallen angels, and the men he works through who seek gain from him. The manmade conspirousy is merely smoke and mirrors for Satan's. Nothing can be gained from fighting those (men) involved in the manmade conspirousy, its the mind of each and every human Satan seeks to control and turn against God, and the mind of every human God seeks to turn to truth and out of Satan's grip control and toward righteousness.

In answer to you question, yes these secret organizations exist, but only BY man ALLOWING them to THROUGH his belief, fear, and awe of them. they have no more power over their fellow men than that which those fellow men GIVE and ALLOW them to have over them (their minds).

While they (secret societies) are ordained of Satan, they have NO MORE POWER than that GIVEN to them by those they seek to control (ultimately for Satan). Resist them by focusing on obtaining and understanding Truth and Righteousness of God through Christ and you will find them to be of less and less interest to you as you will see them for what they are: greedy men who have nothing of themselves except their egos and the need to keep those egos PUFFED up through the fear and loathing of others.

Not to say these men do not wield power in the physical (man's world), but they of themselves are nothing without Satan's influence and deception backing them, resist Satan and fill your mind with the seeking of truth and the understanding of it, and there will be no control they are able to wield over you, and you will see them for the paper tigers they truly are.

Quote Originally Posted by spookytooth View Post
    There is a 'secret' group called the illuminate
    As Amazzin pointed out, it's a bunch of malarky.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    it's a bunch of malarchy
    The Canuck Malarki, that's the bunch you really have to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    The Canuck Malarki, that's the bunch you really have to watch.
    The Canuck Illuminati is only surpassed by the Arkansas Illuminati.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Here is a good series on Revelation and he includes some info on the secret societies as well. You can watch them in any order. The films on the secret societies
    are "The Secret Behind The Secret Societies" & "Hidden Agendas". The titles are on top of the films.

http://marcoponce.com/2010/02/walter...laught-series/
    Matthew 21:22

Quote Originally Posted by Crosstalk View Post
    Here is a good series on Revelation and he includes some info on the secret societies as well. You can watch them in any order. The films on the secret societies
    are "The Secret Behind The Secret Societies" & "Hidden Agendas". The titles are on top of the films.

http://marcoponce.com/2010/02/walter...laught-series/
    OK, I watched the video on secret societies, and there are so many errors there, both historical and philosophical, that I don't even know where to begin.

But in a nutshell, in the attempt to clear confusion, let me state the following:

The guy in the video claims the Jesuits created the Rosicrucians and Freemasonry. We know, and can show with historical evidence, that both claims are completely false. He even claims that Freemasonry is the "Protestant arm of the Catholic Church", which not only makes no sense, but is an actual contradiction in terms.

Since Freemasonry has been in existence longer than the Catholic Order of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), we can easily put to rest his claims that Jesuits created Freemasonry. We also know that the Rosicrucians were anti-papal, even going as far to call the pope "Antichrist" in the Confessio Rosicruciana published in 1616. Those behind the original Rosicrucian movement in Germany were Lutherans, not Catholics, and those in England who became Rosicrucians were Anglicans.

Secondly, he made a rather bizarre claim in the video that the Essenes founded Gnosticism. Now, there were quite a number of groups within early Christianity of many differing opinions that people today generalize as "Gnostics", but I've never seen any evidence that any of those groups were created by Essenes.

Thirdly, the Bavarian Illuminati was the most militantly anti-Jesuit organization in history, which is admitted by both the Illuminati's enemies and apologists. To attempt to link that particular group to Jesuitry is not only historically unfounded, but ludicrous.

I'm wondering KT.....why are you on a Christian board calling yourself a Knight Templar, and are you a Mason and if so, what degree?
    Matthew 21:22

Blog Entries
    I think people have taken something really not that important or a big deal and just run with it. Every year they get bigger and more powerful it seems... Not only do they control all the world powers (not really), but next they will say they can control our thoughts through radio waves or something like that. Talk about taking God completely out of the picture! They make up a group of people all powerful...apparently all knowing and all controlling...as if that was even possible without them being discovered long ago before they supposedly got so powerful. As if God would even allow such a thing. To me it really reads like some fictional ScFi/horror/fantasy/drama novel.

Now I realize there are tons of videos about them on the net that look very impressive and very real and scary...but you can't believe everything on the net...but sadly many do! Check out this article:

It must be true, I read it on the Internet: Elusive 'tree octopus' proves how gullible web generation is

When it comes to the Internet, it seems kids will believe anything.

But it was thought that something as absurd as an octopus that lives in a tree might be enough to cast some doubts in their minds - it wasn't.

A creature concocted in a research 'laboratory' has exposed shocking Internet illiteracy among students, with a leading expert warning it could mean a learning crisis in schools.

Donald Leu, a researcher from the University of Connecticut, conducted a study among the Facebook generation of students - deemed 'digital natives' due to their online savviness - to try to prove they will believe anything they read on the internet.

He directed students to the website http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus, where they found details about the fabricated endangered Pacific Northwest tree octopus in order to test studentsí ability to evaluate information they find online.

It detailed the creature's appearance and habits, including how it uses its suckers to move along tree branches in a form of 'locomotion' and steals eggs from the nests of birds.

It even claimed that it was endangered mainly due to the penchant of wealthy 'fashionistas' to use the tree octopuses as ornamental hat decorations.

The students not only believed all of the fabricated information, but also insisted on the existence of the octopus, even when researchers explained all the information had been made up.

Mr Leu, founder and director of the New Literacies Research Lab at the university, warned that students were unable to discern between fact and fiction online and said this would lead them to graduate without the proper thinking skills needed to meet college and workforce demands.

He said: 'Most students simply have very little in the way of critical evaluation skills.

What was so amazing is even after they were told it was all made up they didn't believe the teacher...kept insisting it was true because it was on net.

Now I did a search on youtube about this and found a number of video's people made I think as a hoax but in the comment area it appears some believed it.

Keeping your eyes on Christ is what is important...not the million of conspiracy theories out there.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Thread Information