cure-real

Thread: Is God Omnibenevolent

Is God Omnibenevolent

I just want to ask if you think God is Omnibenevolent does He Love all people everywhere throughout History and want them all to be saved ?

I'm really asking how do we reconcile John 3:16 with the fact that the Amalakites were devoted to destruction, and that those who are without Christ have the wrath of God on them.

This post is me trying to get to grips with and understand universal salvation made famous at the moment by Rob Bell.

Can God be perfect and not love everybody ?

(p.s i dont want this to turn into Arminian v Calvin)

Re: Is God Omnibenevolent

IN Malachi 1 God specifically says that He hates Esau. So no, God doesn't love everyone.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Quote Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
    I just want to ask if you think God is Omnibenevolent does He Love all people everywhere throughout History and want them all to be saved ?

I'm really asking how do we reconcile John 3:16 with the fact that the Amalakites were devoted to destruction, and that those who are without Christ have the wrath of God on them.

This post is me trying to get to grips with and understand universal salvation made famous at the moment by Rob Bell.

God is love. He loves His creation. He does not love what His creation has become. God will reject those who follow the wickedness of their own hearts....regardless of what their mouths may speak. God hates duplicity.
    Formerly "Adullam" from other sites!

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

I agree with Fenris. God doesn't love everyone. When John says, "God so loved the world . . ." he isn't saying, "God so loved each and every person . . ." he is saying, "God has not restricted his love to his people the Jews."

Remember, when the Bible talks about God's love, it doesn't refer to his subjective feeling; it refers to the objective action he takes on behalf of the beloved. So, when it says that God loved Jacob, it means that he blessed Jacob, giving him many offspring, etc. When it says that God hated Esau, it doesn't mean that God felt an emotion of intense dislike toward Esau; it means that God actually acted against Esau in reality, causing him and his family line to be defeated in battle etc.

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    God is love. He loves His creation. He does not love what His creation has become. God will reject those who follow the wickedness of their own hearts....regardless of what their mouths may speak. God hates duplicity.
    Ok cant disagree with what you've said.

so do you think that God can be perfect and not love everybody ? sounds like you do but, dont want to be presumptuous.

Quote Originally Posted by BroRog View Post
    I agree with Fenris. God doesn't love everyone. When John says, "God so loved the world . . ." he isn't saying, "God so loved each and every person . . ." he is saying, "God has not restricted his love to his people the Jews."
    i agree also, so there are no universal salvationist's about here. Seems their main grip is that God should love everyone if he is to be perfect.

Ok cant disagree with what you've said.

so do you think that God can be perfect and not love everybody ? sounds like you do but, dont want to be presumptuous.
    In the end you can't love what destroys love. God wants everyone to repent and doesn't have any prejudice whatsoever. Every person is redeemable...until they have made their choices. Then, God sees the sin in the person together with the sinner. In that way He "hates" what he sees. He can judge this perfectly from His perspective. We, of course cannot.
    Formerly "Adullam" from other sites!

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

Thread Information