cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with judgemental christians?

Banghead How to deal with judgemental christians?

I'm currently having and argument with this other person about a false teacher on tv. This guy is so judgemental towards me, and other people it's crazy. How do you deal with these kind of christians? The only thing that this guy is doing is repelling people away from christ... how can I get through to this person?

Blog Entries

Re: How to deal with judgemental christians?

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    I'm currently having and argument with this other person about a false teacher on tv. This guy is so judgemental towards me, and other people it's crazy. How do you deal with these kind of christians? The only thing that this guy is doing is repelling people away from christ... how can I get through to this person?
    Odds are, Punchy..... .....you won't get through to this person. Don't waste too much time worrying or stressing over it. There are some Christians who LIVE to be combative on the internet and to argue their point - just to argue their point.

The way that you deal with them is to present the truth of the matter in love, tell them that you will not be fighting them over this, and then walk away and avoid their feuds.

I know that sometimes when someone is so obviously WRONG on a matter - important matters - that it's frustrating to see closed-mindedness and bitterness and spite in people who claim to be Christians.

Let it go. Present the truth and then just let it go.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Hi Punchy,

It might depend on how you mean "judgmental."

If it is without provocation then you should call him on it. On the other hand, if your sense of his being judgmental is due to his calling you on something...you may need to examine yourself first, or it will just be tic for tat and nothing will be resolved.

I feel your pain man. Rejoice and let them have their way. Do not judge them back (like a sheep to the slaughter, did not open his mouth).

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Psalm 39:1 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
    2 I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.

1 Cor 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

Actually, pray for them, ask God tol bless them and protect them because if you don't, the Lord (our Father in heaven) is going to let them have it.

Mk 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Shalom

Depending on the person and the occurrence of situations, I have learned that some difficult people are best kept at a distance.

On a different spin, perhaps he simply disagrees with your stance and has poor communication skills? Even though we are of Christ doesn't mean we are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Odds are, Punchy..... .....you won't get through to this person. Don't waste too much time worrying or stressing over it. There are some Christians who LIVE to be combative on the internet and to argue their point - just to argue their point.

The way that you deal with them is to present the truth of the matter in love, tell them that you will not be fighting them over this, and then walk away and avoid their feuds.

I know that sometimes when someone is so obviously WRONG on a matter - important matters - that it's frustrating to see closed-mindedness and bitterness and spite in people who claim to be Christians.

Let it go. Present the truth and then just let it go.
    I agree with that. It also goes along with the thought that we cannot SAVE anyone. A believer should preach and pray, and if one is not moved to seek more information we can do little except to be a good example for Christ. If a person wants to argue, it is better to just tell them you already stated your understanding and convictions, so have nothing to add. That seems reasonable and Godly.

- 1 Watchman

Well, to give a little bit more info we're arguing about a specific minister that preaches the prosperity gospel... ( I'm not allowed to name names ) and I have given him 2 reasons why he is a false teacher: 1 - He denies the deity of christ 2 - He teaches that we are little gods.

He states that Psalm 82:6 says that we are literally " little gods ". I keep explaining to him over and over that " ye are gods " in Psalm 82:6, is referring to the judges and people and power druing that specific time period. Well... he takes that verse literally and believes that every christian is a little god.

I think im going to give up on him and let the lord deal with him in his own time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffw3AzObjDM

Ok, heres the person that i've been arguing with. His name is ArthasxFrost. Please look and see what i'm talking about.

I'm not sure if posting a video is allowed, so if it's not then please delete this post.

Ok, heres the person that i've been arguing with. His name is ArthasxFrost. Please look and see what i'm talking about.

I'm not sure if posting a video is allowed, so if it's not then please delete this post.
    There is a balance in Scripture:

2Cor 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
    7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

I am glad that Jesus knew from the beginning that Judas was a thief and in spite of that, made him treasurer, so that there is no excuse for not giving to Jesus.

Jn 12:6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

3 Jn 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Psalm 112:1 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
    2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.
    3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

Prov 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

Prov 22:4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

On the other hand ...

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
    20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
    21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Prov 23:4 Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

Shalom

He states that Psalm 82:6 says that we are literally " little gods ". I keep explaining to him over and over that " ye are gods " in Psalm 82:6, is referring to the judges and people and power druing that specific time period. Well... he takes that verse literally and believes that every christian is a little god.
    I would disagree as well that "we are little gods". I took the passage to mean we should behave God-like. Maybe that is what he is trying to preach.

I think im going to give up on him and let the lord deal with him in his own time.
    I agree with you, and would do the same if he's too argumentative.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Do not cast your pearls before swine.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Well, to give a little bit more info we're arguing about a specific minister that preaches the prosperity gospel... ( I'm not allowed to name names ) and I have given him 2 reasons why he is a false teacher: 1 - He denies the deity of christ 2 - He teaches that we are little gods.

I have to agree with Rabbiknife!!

Punchy, seems you are attempting to correct a man of doctrine (false), not a man of God based on your answer here. Like Rabbi said... you're up against swine.

So fire artillery at him Just PRAY for him and let God deal in Him with the watering and correcting you offered.

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

Exclamation Re: How to deal with judgemental christians?

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    Do not cast your pearls before swine.
    I found this thread quite by chance, bible Prophecy has a lot to do with health care, or in the writings in the book in Revelations.. something to do with 666?

http://www.statehealthfacts.org/prof...&sub=154&rgn=5

Jude
    II Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

I don't see any connection between bible prophecy and health care.

Blog Entries

I must have missed something... Did the guy you are debating post this video???
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Thread Information