cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do We Practice Righteousness?

How Do We Practice Righteousness?

From the following scripture we are taught that through the gospel we are instructed in righteousness, so how do we practice righteousness?

1 Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
    1 Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 Pet 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

James 3:13-18
    13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
    14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
    15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
    16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
    17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
    18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Phil 1:10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.
    Phil 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 Timothy 3:14-17
    14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
    15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

God bless!

Firstfruits

Great post! Thank you. In fact, I think I will have to dive into a deeper study on the subject.
    Psalm 19:14
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_no_one View Post
    Great post! Thank you. In fact, I think I will have to dive into a deeper study on the subject.
    You are welcome,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

If by walking uprightly we shall be saved, what does it mean to walk uprightly, and to work righteousness?

Ps 15:1 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
    Ps 15:2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

Prov 10:9 He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.

Prov 15:21 Folly is joy to him that is destitute of wisdom: but a man of understanding walketh uprightly.

Prov 28:18 Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.

Firstfruits

For all that claim to be born of God, how do we do righteousness to show that we are truly born of God?

1 Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Firstfruits

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    For all that claim to be born of God, how do we do righteousness to show that we are truly born of God?

Firstfruits
    Ya know... much of the scripture in this thread is an answer to the Interesting Question thread that I started
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Ya know... much of the scripture in this thread is an answer to the Interesting Question thread that I started
    Which thread would that be, and what is the question?

God bless!

Firstfruits

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    Which thread would that be, and what is the question?

God bless!

Firstfruits
    The title in my post #6 (Interesting Question) is hyperlinked to the thread.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    The title in my post #6 (Interesting Question) is hyperlinked to the thread.
    I have added a reply to the thread, it is suprising how there are not many replies regarding how to practise righteousness.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

How Do We Practice Righteousness?

It all starts at the cross.....when we humbly come before Jesus and thank him in brokenness and nothingness........then God fills us with His Spirit......only then can we walk in His Righteousness. It's all a spiritual thing of humility before the Lord.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. Gal 2:20-21 (KJV) God forbid that I should Glory save in the Cross.............9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: Phil 3:9 (KJV)
    Last edited by JapanKen; Jul 8th 2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: added a verse

One cannot practice righteousness if one is not righteous. All of our righteousnesses are as filty rags before the Lord. There is none righteous no not one.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Practice or committeth means to continue, (learning method), a method of learning by repetition. In 1 John he speaks of "Abiding in him" meaning to remain stable.

"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." That is walking in the Spirit and not the flesh, Galatians 5:16

Blog Entries
    You practice righteousness by DOING righteous. Pretty much that simple!

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    One cannot practice righteousness if one is not righteous. All of our righteousnesses are as filty rags before the Lord. There is none righteous no not one.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    So then what... is it your opinion then that no one can be righteous? Certainly that would be totally contrary to many Scripture would it not?

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    So no one can be born of God then?

Firstfruits

Thread Information