cure-real

Thread: Trumpets heralding Christ's return?

Trumpets heralding Christ's return?

Those who tune in to the World Cup these days will notice the loud noise constantly emanating from the soccer stadiums - the sound of traditional South African trumpets called vuvuzelas. While it was a bit annoying because it tended to drown out the commentator's voice I couldn't help feeling kind of fascinated by the atmosphere it created and I thought of the sound of trumpets that are prophesied to herald Christ's return.

Matthew 24:30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Corinthians 15:51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pWUvWJl2j0

I think the vuvuzelas sound like a swarm of annoying bees! I think the trumpets we'll hear at Christ's return will be much more melodious than that!
    For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.
    -- Job 19:25

Thread Information