cure-real

Thread: How do you know if Jesus is really in your heart?

How do you know if Jesus is really in your heart?

I like to think I have accepted Christ into my heart-I have certinly asked him. My question to you is-how do you know when it's real. When he's really there?
    "Take my Life and let it be, all for you, and for your glory. Take my life and let it be yours"-Steve Fee

My home Church: NPCC

SeekingGod, praise God that you've received Christ as your Savior! Yes, He is really there! As a Christian your life will reflect a changed lifestyle - if you have humbly submitted your will to God, the Holy Spirit will begin a good work in you and you will begin to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control (Gal 5:22). This changing work in you is the process of sanctification. You will not be perfect until Christ comes again and you will still struggle with sin, but the Lord is definitely with you!

Are you a young Christian? If so, find a good bible-believing Church and surround yourself with mature Christians. They can help you as you walk in faith.

- MMC
    "There are two things I know. I am a great sinner. And Christ is a great savior." ~ John Newton

Blog Entries
    That's a common question we all have when we're "new" in the family of Christ. So, don't feel like you're the only one.

How can you tell? How do you KNOW he's there?
    That requires a few things on our part before we really "see" he's there with us.
    Patience, Trust, Obedience, Faith, & Paying Attention.

It won't be long, and you'll realize that "certain things" you used to be interested in are less appealing than they were before.
    (For me, they were things like; Movies with gratuitous sex & violence, swearing like a sailor, getting overly mad in traffic... etc...)

They might be different things for you. But you'll notice one day that something changed with you... on the INSIDE, without you even thinking about it.

From there, you'll begin to be more aware of God's Spirit, and your personal relationship with him will continue to grow.

Always pray & give thanks. Do your best to glorify him through your life. Be loving & kind & respectful to everyone, and always be willing to forgive them.
    God fogave all of us, so we should be willing to do the same.

I'm sure other people will have more good info to share with you too.

God Bless you my friend!
    Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markdrums View Post
    That's a common question we all have when we're "new" in the family of Christ. So, don't feel like you're the only one.

How can you tell? How do you KNOW he's there?
    That requires a few things on our part before we really "see" he's there with us.
    Patience, Trust, Obedience, Faith, & Paying Attention.

It won't be long, and you'll realize that "certain things" you used to be interested in are less appealing than they were before.
    (For me, they were things like; Movies with gratuitous sex & violence, swearing like a sailor, getting overly mad in traffic... etc...)

They might be different things for you. But you'll notice one day that something changed with you... on the INSIDE, without you even thinking about it.

From there, you'll begin to be more aware of God's Spirit, and your personal relationship with him will continue to grow.

Always pray & give thanks. Do your best to glorify him through your life. Be loving & kind & respectful to everyone, and always be willing to forgive them.
    God fogave all of us, so we should be willing to do the same.

I'm sure other people will have more good info to share with you too.

God Bless you my friend!

I have noticed this stuff in myself. Does that mean God/Jesus is with me, that I am saved?
    "Take my Life and let it be, all for you, and for your glory. Take my life and let it be yours"-Steve Fee

My home Church: NPCC

Of course 'this stuff' doesn't save it is only a few signs that one is saved. It is through faith in the Gospel that the Spirit is given.

He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
    (Act 19:2)

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
    (Gal 3:2)

And what is the core message of the Gospel?

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    (1Co 15:1-4)

The core of that verse is "for our sins"
    We receive the Gospel as sinners and thus we receive Christ.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: " Romans 8:16 KJV

I read all of Romans 8 not long ago and found this chapter to be very uplifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin2 View Post
    "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: " Romans 8:16 KJV

I read all of Romans 8 not long ago and found this chapter to be very uplifting.

Great verse.

In Christ,
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by 1 John 3 (New International Version)

21Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 John 4 (New International Version)

7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son[b] into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for[c] our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 13We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. 16And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
    God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 17In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
    19We love because he first loved us. 20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
    Hey,
    Without wanting to be too personal, why might you think that His is not in your heart? Is there behaviors, which you know are not to His glory, with which you are still struggling or just plain old fashioned doubt? There's not a Christian here who hasn't felt that way at times. Don't ever feel like you are not a true Christian because you are not a perfect Christian. Do you long to be close to Him? See the grander of His creation around you? Feel His love? Wish to exemplify that love in your own life? Let me tell you what; that stuff doesn't come from you alone. No one here can tell you if you are saved or not - it's between your own heart and the Father, but I'll tell you what, that your even concerned enough to post about it, is probably a good indication.
    "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
    world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
    with their lips then walk out the door and deny
    Him by their lifestyles. That is what
    an unbelieving world simply
    finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekingGodNGa View Post
    I have noticed this stuff in myself. Does that mean God/Jesus is with me, that I am saved?
    I think if you notice this kind of stuff it's a good indication that you're doing what you should be doing.

How do we know for sure that we're saved? Jesus told us; (paraphrasing) If we believe upon him with our hearts, that HE is our substitute sacrifice for full payment of our sins, we are saved.
    Read John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I always tell my friends; When you're saved, you KNOW you're saved.
    Basically, it all comes down to our choice. Do we understand that we're sinners? Do we truly WANT to accept Christ as our Saviour? Do we WANT to have forgiveness?
    If we can honestly say "YES", and we ASK.... then the gift is ours.
    Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Blog Entries
    You are born again when you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, and when you take that step of confession of Jesus as Lord and King of you. That means giving Him control, considering yourself dead to your life before without Him, and entering into the resurrection life with Him, and living for Him from that moment on.

It's not so much an "asking Jesus into our hearts" as it is an acknowledgement of who He is, what He did, and then a surrender to His lordship and doing things His way, because He is Lord and King, and all judgment and authority has been given to Him by God the Father. It is Jesus we will one day stand before and give account to.

Straightforward, yes?

We know that we belong to Him because the Spirit bears witness, and because we seek to honor Him by the way we live every day, by obeying His commandments, by treating people differently, by wanting to please God, all those things.

Thread Information