cure-real

Thread: Feeling conviction

Feeling conviction

I don't understand why I don't feel convicted when I do something that I know is wrong or that isn't pleasing to God. For example I did sometime to someone yesterday and don't feel a bit bad about it. In fact I think what I did was hilarious. I guess I feel that he needed to see what it's like to be treated badly. That's just one lame example but I know there are numerous more. I don't feel bad about anything hardly ever. I guess it could have to do with not being in tune with God by not reading the bible like I should. I don't even feel bad about that. This is getting off topic, but I do wish I had that desire and hunger to read the Word daily. I know it is amazing when I actually do read it. I wish the more I read it, the more I'd want to read it. Like I've heard others say happens to them. I do know that I struggle with reading Proverbs talking about the wicked and the righteous. I always see myself as being related to the wicked when reading that.

Ya I definitely struggle with that too. I usually always feel condemned reading the Bible or being in church. I believe in my heart He has saved me, and there are times when I feel His love, but it's usually condemnation. When I'm just in the moment without fear or self-loathing, the message sinks in.

I think this comes from my upbringing and a lot of bad 'religious' experiences I had when I was a kid. I got a negative impression of everything religious and it is still with me.

I think these are strongholds but I'm not sure. I've definitely questioned a LOT if I'm even saved by these feelings. But I think you just gotta take your eyes off of yourself and feed your soul with JESUS.

I know when I am not worrying or self-loathing or feeling unforgiven and I'm just me, that the message definitely sinks in better.

But I was so sick of feeling so terribly guilty that I fell away a little bit. With religion can come a lot of guilt, and that is when we run from it. But Christianity is about a relationship with Jesus, so I'm trying more to focus on Him and cultivate that.

I find the more I feel and know who He is, and how forgiven I am the more I seek Him in His word and the more I want to worship Him/ the less guilty I feel.

God doesn't condemn you for being a sinner, you are reconciled to Him by the blood of His Son. Satan is the 'accuser of the brethren' and you can condemn yourself too, especially if as a child or in your life you are used to being condemned.

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Blog Entries
    But there is repentance and forgiveness.
    Just because you don't feel bad about it, doesn't mean it is not wrong, as you alluded to yourself. We LIKE to sin. Why do you think it feels so good to get even or give them what's coming to them? They deserve it, why should I have to hold back, while everybody just gets to jump up and down on my feelings and treat me like garbage.In the end, the only answer is, we are called to be Christ like. To resist this kind of behavior and to do the right thing. Whether we like it or not, whether we agree or not.
    It does get easier though.

God bless

tt1106

Quote Originally Posted by *Living~By~Faith* View Post
    I don't understand why I don't feel convicted when I do something that I know is wrong or that isn't pleasing to God. For example I did sometime to someone yesterday and don't feel a bit bad about it. In fact I think what I did was hilarious. I guess I feel that he needed to see what it's like to be treated badly. That's just one lame example but I know there are numerous more. I don't feel bad about anything hardly ever. I guess it could have to do with not being in tune with God by not reading the bible like I should. I don't even feel bad about that. This is getting off topic, but I do wish I had that desire and hunger to read the Word daily. I know it is amazing when I actually do read it. I wish the more I read it, the more I'd want to read it. Like I've heard others say happens to them. I do know that I struggle with reading Proverbs talking about the wicked and the righteous. I always see myself as being related to the wicked when reading that.
    Have you been born again? If you have, were you convicted then when you did wrong or have you never been convicted of most wrong doing?
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

I am wondering the same thing.
    http://bibleforums.org/signaturepics/sigpic29076_4.gif

Thread Information