cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Meaning of Genesis 3:15

The Meaning of Genesis 3:15

What is the meaning of Genesis 3:15?

What does it mean when it says in Gen 3:15 "your offspring and hers?"
    The KJV uses the word seed. In Hebrew = Zera (H2233).

(Gen 3:15 NIV) And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

(Gen 3:15 KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post

(Gen 3:15 NIV) And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

(Gen 3:15 KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
    well satan is the god of this world, and those who are not christians are of their father the devil. and as Jesus put they hated Him, they will hate us. you see it everyday. sinners hate christians.

Genesis 3:15 is the promise to satan by God, that God will send someone to defeat him, and redeem the sin of man kind. That person was Jesus Christ Our Lord

That's the short version of what Genesis 3:15 means in a nut shell.

God Bless,

Dave
    God Bless
    In Christ Love

BCF

2 Peter 1:20-21:

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

In its most narrow application...

The seed of the woman is Christ - The son of man
    The seed of the serpent is anti-christ - The son of perdition
    Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will

Thanks all for your replies. I have heard some really strange teachings regarding this verse, but all these explanations sound good to me.

bosco Guest

The NIV uses zera' as well, it's translators just chose to use offspring over seed. Seed is the proper word, as the context of zera' stems from the act of sowing (as in sowing seed) and not from what grows from that seed.

As for the meaning, I will have to think about that. Maybe there is something to men being from Mars and woman from Venus?

Bosco

Quote Originally Posted by cross crusader View Post
    and as Jesus put they hated Him, they will hate us. you see it everyday. sinners hate christians.
    Christians are sinners too.

This seed is Christ! He came by woman and was able to conquer sin. Christ is that enmity, he knows he has but a short time. Christ qualified to be King over all the earth at a time in the future. He and his saints will rule the earth.

Interesting that the last part says "you will strike his heel."

Look at Malachi 4:3 speaking of a day yet future, when Christ will restore the government of God to earth --"3And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts."

The children of disobedience will be ashes under the soles of the saints.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer99 View Post
    Christians are sinners too.
    ummmm....no. i am righteous and sanctified through Jesus.

Re: The Meaning of Genesis 3:15

I am afraid that I have not seen the proper interpretation to this passage on all of your posts and thought it worthy to answer. It certainly is a complex passage, but is very CLEAR when handled properly. You have to take it phrase by phrase "And I will put enmity between you and the woman" = There is an enemy between the two, enmity means enemy. "and between your offspring and hers;" = Satan's offspring or legacy or SEED are those that follow him and his evil ways, the woman's offspring signifying Mary's (all other births were attributed to the lineage of men) SEED is Jesus Christ, born of a virgin. "he will crush your head," Jesus Christ will defeat Satan ultimately by his death, burial and resurrection. "and you will strike his heel." = this statement is once again attributing the action that Satan takes to try and stop what Jesus is doing, and unbeknownst to Satan the phrase 'strike his heel' is meant to set back or trip up Jesus. But by Satan's actions he actually brings to fruition what God wanted all along. Satan saw Jesus as a threat and would try to destroy him, because he knew the meaning of bruise his head, that Jesus came to destroy Satan. Satan views this as a mono imono challenge of Jesus against him and obliges this challenge with counter attacking Jesus. God hid this prophetic meaning so that Satan would not understand its FULL meaning. Great Question!!

I saw a pastor teaching on this last night on Television....

Christ is the Seed, for Mary was a virgin. The seed was from God, for Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

It is Jesus who would defeat Satan, because he died on the cross and paid for our sin.

It was the work of Satan, by deceiving Adam and Eve that sin entered the world, but through Christ Jesus of Nazareth, we have a way to have our sin forgiven. Through Christ we are reconciled to God.

In Jesus our sins are forgiven and it is through Christ Jesus that we defeat death also.

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:20

Matt 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matt 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Bless you,
    Love Fountain

Blog Entries

Quite a gap in the posts. 2009 to 2014.
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceegen View Post
    Quite a gap in the posts. 2009 to 2014.

Not much of a gap when a 1000 years to mankind is merely 1 day to God. How long would it really be then?

Bless you,
    Love Fountain

Thread Information