cure-real

Thread: Seek first the kingdom of heaven

Seek first the kingdom of heaven

What did Jesus mean when he said seek first the kingdom of heaven?

What does it mean to seek the kingdom of heaven? I would like to know.

Here's a thread that may help.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=99462
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by 895rider View Post
    What did Jesus mean when he said seek first the kingdom of heaven?

What does it mean to seek the kingdom of heaven? I would like to know.
    Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
    (Mat 6:31-34)

A kingdom implies a king and His rule. In this case He is a benevolent King who knows our needs before we ask. Nevertheless He wants us to seek Him for He is our Source not only for our daily bread but also for our eternal need of perfect righteousness. Well, guess what? He is our Source of righteousness as well as He freely robes us in His Righteousness.
    Here Jesus is pointing out our natural tendency to hurry, scurry and worry in our own strength and reminds us instead to trust in our loving Father whom we are to seek first through Christ His Son.

Followtheway Guest
    It means be eternally minded, run the race to finish, remembering that your home is now in heaven

Thanks for your link brother Mark.
    I haven't read the entire thread but what I've read so far I find very interesting.
    crossnote and Followtheway, thank you for your replies as well.

Thread Information