cure-real
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: When did the dispensation of grace begin?

Question When did the dispensation of grace begin?

Adam and Eve's provision in the garden of Eden was God's provision of grace for mankind.

Gen.3: 15 speaks about the beginning of the dispensation of grace:

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He will bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel." (Gen. 3:15).

This promise was fulfilled by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (Mat.26: 28).

God's grace and God's judgment was manifested by God's shutting of the door of the ark - sealing grace for the redeemed family within, and judgment for all the families outside.

God's grace was manifested through the birth of Isaac, and again when through the intercession of Moses, God relented of the destruction of all Israel. And God's grace was manifested through Cyrus of Persia's edict to release the captive Jews and by Artaxerxes Longimanus's later edict to reconstruct the walls of Jerusalem - the beginning of the 70 "weeks" of Daniel's 70 "weeks" prophecy.

The Dispensation of Law, said Paul, was temporary - and Paul said that the Law was ADDED:

"Why then the Law? It was added because of transgressions, until the Seed should come to those to whom it had been promised, being ordained through angels in the Mediator's hand." (Gal.3: 19).

What was the Law added to? And when did "the Dispensation of grace" REALLY begin?

ananias
    "But you must not be called Rabbi, for One is your teacher, Christ, and you are all brothers.

And call no one your father on the earth, for One is your Father in Heaven.

Nor be called teachers, for One is your Teacher, even Christ."
    (Mat.23: 8-10)

AND

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.

By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another."
    (Joh.13: 34-35)

Blog Entries
    The dispensation of Grace began when God had to kill an animal (as a substitute for the wages of sin) to cover Adam and Eve with it's skin.

For me: when I was born again.

Smile When Adam sinned

The dispensation of grace began the moment that Adam sinned.

The Law was introduced in order to control transgression. BUT IT WAS NOT introduced in order to be a way of salvation.

The covenant of Exodus 20 was a covenant of grace. It began with the declaration of what God had done to redeem His people and then called for a response in terms of the Law. But under that covenant salvation was by grace. Even Moses only entered heaven by the grace of God, and very much needed it at the end. As Paul tells us, David was saved in the same way (Romans 4.6-8).

Today as Christians we are redeemed through the blood of Christ, but having been saved we are to obey the law of Christ, namely that we shall love our neighbours as ourselves (Galatians 5.13-14), which in fact sums up the Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard H View Post
    For me: when I was born again.
    Amen to that, Richard H. Same for me!

ananias
    "But you must not be called Rabbi, for One is your teacher, Christ, and you are all brothers.

AND

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.

By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another."

Quote Originally Posted by petepet View Post
    The dispensation of grace began the moment that Adam sinned.

The Law was introduced in order to control transgression. BUT IT WAS NOT introduced in order to be a way of salvation.

The covenant of Exodus 20 was a covenant of grace. It began with the declaration of what God had done to redeem His people and then called for a response in terms of the Law. But under that covenant salvation was by grace. Even Moses only entered heaven by the grace of God, and very much needed it at the end. As Paul tells us, David was saved in the same way (Romans 4.6-8).

Today as Christians we are redeemed through the blood of Christ, but having been saved we are to obey the law of Christ, namely that we shall love our neighbours as ourselves (Galatians 5.13-14), which in fact sums up the Law.
    So when Paul says the Law was ADDED, what does he mean? To what was the Law added? The Law could surely not be added to grace? Grace is grace and the Law is the Law.

ananias

AND

Concerning when did the dispensation of grace begin?

What's the meaning of grace in the Bible? Grace refers to the Holy Spirit according to Titus 3:6-7. Therefore, grace is to be our king and commander (Isa55:3-4).
    The Bible says: We have to approach the throne of grace to receive grace (Heb4:14-16). What does this mean? The throne is the dwelling place, like the body of Ezekiel is the throne, where the LORD dwells, for Ezekiel, filled with the open scroll in his stomach, warns people from the mouth of YAHVEH (Eze3:1-4,10-11,16-17), so what he speaks is the word from the mouth of GOD. The same with Peter, Paul, John, Moses. And the Holy Spirit comes upon those hearers of the word (Ac10:44, 19:1-6, Nu11:23-26), for the breath of the word is the Holy Spirit (Jn20:21-22, 6:62-63). So, we can see the throne of grace refers to these people who speak the word of GOD and distribute the Holy Spirit upon hearers on the spot.
    Therefore, on the day we have found the throne of grace, and have received the grace, his dispensation begins!

Coptichristian Guest
    I don't buy into dispensationalism in the least. Grace has always been with mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by ananias View Post
    So when Paul says the Law was ADDED, what does he mean? To what was the Law added? The Law could surely not be added to grace? Grace is grace and the Law is the Law.

ananias
    I'll take a stab at it. In Gen. 6, God remembered His covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and because of that covenant, He brought the Israelites out of bondage.
    But they sinned in the wilderness, and refused to hear God, and then God provided the law.
    Thus, it would by my guess that the law was added to the covenant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    The dispensation of Grace began when God had to kill an animal (as a substitute for the wages of sin) to cover Adam and Eve with it's skin.
    And there it is............

The age of grace began on the day of pentecost, Holy Spirit was given to man as a permanent indwelling, we became sons of God and given more power than we imagine or will use. it will end at the Lord's return for His saints.
    Christianity is a leap of faith, not the abandonment of logic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptichristian View Post
    I don't buy into dispensationalism in the least. Grace has always been with mankind.

Amen to that. God doesn't change. He changes us.

Blog Entries
    To broaden on this - the law still came first. Do not eat the fruit of that tree meaning do not covet. There was transgression of that law, which lead to man being covered physically. Now, could that animal skin, or sacrafice, give man grace and their own righteousness?
    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
    Not second or third, but first.
    Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
    when He is the source of all hope,
    when His love is received and freely given,
    holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
    will all other things be added unto to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by threebigrocks View Post
    To broaden on this - the law still came first. Do not eat the fruit of that tree meaning do not covet. There was transgression of that law, which lead to man being covered physically. Now, could that animal skin, or sacrafice, give man grace and their own righteousness?
    Great observation and great point. And no, that animal skin did not redeem them, make them righteous, or bring them back to the garden relationship. But it was a down payment on a promise. A visa card, God - style. God in His Grace and Meercy and true to His word provided a way to begin His plan of redemption for mankind.

Blog Entries
    A visa card, God - style.
    And the debt to be paid in full 4,000 years later when the fullness of grace became available to all who believe.

Man, that's a lot of interest on a very large balance!
    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
    Not second or third, but first.
    Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
    when He is the source of all hope,
    when His love is received and freely given,
    holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
    will all other things be added unto to you.

Thread Information