cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can your household be saved by your faith?

Can your household be saved by your faith?

Can your belief in Jesus as the savior of the world also save members of your household? I really hope so but I'd like to know if there is more scripture for or against it
    1. Acts 11:14
      He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'
      Acts 11:13-15 (in Context) Acts 11 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Acts 16:31
      They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
    Can your belief in Jesus as the savior of the world also save members of your household? I really hope so but I'd like to know if there is more scripture for or against it
      He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'
      They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."

If any one person in your home is protected (saved) then no evil can enter into the home. The household is protected but this is not to say that the members of the household are protected if they leave the confines of that home. Your soul's expansion is 40 feet in all directions also. Therefore, evil cannot make it's presence within that area either.

Blog Entries
    Joe, I'm glad you started this thread. I look forward to reading the godly responses that will come.
    I have been saved since 1984. My three children are saved and my husband says he is, but I prayerfully wonder.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Quote Originally Posted by COMFORTER View Post
    If any one person in your home is protected (saved) then no evil can enter into the home. The household is protected but this is not to say that the members of the household are protected if they leave the confines of that home. Your soul's expansion is 40 feet in all directions also. Therefore, evil cannot make it's presence within that area either.
    I'd be pleased if you could show me where you find those things in scripture.
    When a person is saved, his influence will have an impact upon the rest of the household. They will see the difference in his life. He is a living testimony to the power of God which they cannot deny. Thus, at some point, they also will give their life to Christ.
    That won't necessarily happen immediately. I was saved at 9. It took eleven years for my mother to come to Christ. Once she did, the rest of the family came, one by one.

Blog Entries
    Your soul's expansion is 40 feet in all directions also. Therefore, evil cannot make it's presence within that area either.
    And you find this where exactly in Scripture?

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahtar View Post
    I'd be pleased if you could show me where you find those things in scripture.
    When a person is saved, his influence will have an impact upon the rest of the household. They will see the difference in his life. He is a living testimony to the power of God which they cannot deny. Thus, at some point, they also will give their life to Christ.
    When your family sees your true conversion there will be some major changes in the whole family. The pivot point for most is that their families do not see a change that lasts very long. If we want to really see our family changed we must stay faithful and follow Christ. We cannot follow this world and expect our family to want what we have.

I too would like to see some scripture for that 40 feet thing you got there. It seems scripture shows over and over that attacks from Satan can get right in out face. I would love to be able to say "give me my 40 foot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
    The way I understand it is: you and your household will be saved if you (collectively) believe in the Lord Jesus.

This verse is not taking away the individual's need to accept Christ personally - he is simply addressing more than one person, which in this case, all belong to the same household.

Oh come on now…

Your soul's expansion is 40 feet in all directions also.

…I’m not that wide!

Your soul's expansion is 40 feet in all directions also. Therefore, evil cannot make it's presence within that area either.
    Where was that 40 feet when I needed it?

Seriously, I think those may have been prophecys

Nevertheless, it seems reasonable the believer will impact their household.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calidog View Post
    Where was that 40 feet when I needed it?
    Yeah, no kidding.
    "Hey Jeremy, I'm going to wake you up now"
    --> Hey, whoa whoa, hang on. I have forty feet, other side of the wall bud.

----------------------------------------------------------

Joe,
    He is ABLE to save those from the uttermost.. the most vilest of sinners He can save, transform and use... His Blood is so powerful.... awe the Power of the Blood..

As for your family or household.. yes.... The above Scripture tells us of HIS PROMISE...

Sometimes we want them all to be saved now , in the twinkling of an eye.. but Remember God will save those in your household...In His timing ...... Trusting by Faith that He will do what He promised is very powerful.... we must persevere with faith... and pray always..
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Quote Originally Posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Joe,
    He is ABLE to save those from the uttermost.. the most vilest of sinners He can save, transform and use... His Blood is so powerful.... awe the Power of the Blood..

As for your family or household.. yes.... The above Scripture tells us of HIS PROMISE...

Sometimes we want them all to be saved now , in the twinkling of an eye.. but Remember God will save those in your household...In His timing ...... Trusting by Faith that He will do what He promised is very powerful.... we must persevere with faith... and pray always..
    Thanks for your response. I live with my mother and sister and since I have moved in, they have started reading and going to church more. I thank God for that. I am worried about my two brothers who are on another island. I hope I can help them understand salvation.

Scripture is a record of what happened and can happen again but every word of scripture is God breathed, not only to the writers originally but God breathed to the readers.

This is not automatic upon reading the scriptures, it is still required that God speak them to the reader otherwise they are only the words of the book from which men make up various ideas about how they should be understood and are not life to anyone and in fact produce death because they carry the mind of man and not the mind of Christ.

YES even great theologians (in the eyes of men ) are the perveyers of death to them who live off their constructions of words, in the making of men like themselves and not like Christ, for it is impossible to become like Christ through the words of men even by using the scriptures.

Thus the world is full of Pharisees, persons devoid of the Spirit, who point the finger at other Pharisees like themselves and spend their entire life on the exercise.

Living on God's word is not an interlectual learning but of hearing God speaking His word into the inner person generating His life in them, with the understanding of the person knowing exactly what God is interpreting the words of the Bible to them as.

One word from God can change everything, where all other exercises in study have failed.

Having said that, the word of God spoken to Cornelius and the jailer are first and foremost to them alone, but their recording in the scriptures gives us hope that God will do the same for us, and in seeking Him, He may well speak the same to us and also do for us as He did for them.

God knew the hearts of both families, of how closely knit together they were, and how they would all follow and believe as the head of the families did, but God spoke to everyone of them on that day, in them , where no man can speak ,and where no man had ever spoken to them before.

Act 16:30 And leading them outside, he said, Sirs, what must I do that I may be saved?
    Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.
    Act 16:32 And they spoke the Word of the Lord to him, and to all those in his house.
    Act 16:33 And taking them in that hour of the night, he washed from their stripes. And he and all those belonging to him were baptized at once.
    Act 16:34 And bringing them up to the house, he set a table before them, and exulted whole-housely, believing God

Merton.

Blog Entries
    I took these scriptures to heart when I was first saved. At that time my husband was an athiest, my son had actually espoused buddhism (though at ten he wasn't really into it) and both were (as I had been until the moment I was saved) very antagonistic to Christianity.

First my son then my husband became Christian, in such a way that nobody could deny the saving power of God. My husband is in heaven now, my son is twelve, and passionate about Jesus just as much as the day he stopped stock still on a long walk home and cried out, "Oh, Lord Jesus, please forgive me for not believing in you."

I do believe that your household can be saved through faith.

It was only two months or so after my son became Christian that my husband followed, and I now believe that the blessing is spreading out to our extended families. Hold on in faith to this promise.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

FORTY FEET! Imagine how expensive that would be just to keep yourself in shoes. On the plus side, you could score 120 points on field goals.

I once tried to skin a mule with forty feet, but he kicked me all the way from Loosiana to the Netherlands. - chal's Book of Muleskinner Tricks to Amaze and Influence your Friends (complete with a full page illustration of the amazing forty foot mulekick, suitable for framing).
    ShalomUit
    Chal
    <*,})+<

Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda: The church reformed and always to be reformed

Truth may be stranger than fiction, but fiction is surely stranger than truth "may be." Maybe? -chal's Third (and final!) Big Book of Little Known Thingies that Could (in fact) Become Facts (or faxed) One Day.

Thread Information